Murchison Matador Football 2017
MMS Matador Football Information 2017
Hello Potential Football Parents!
We want to provide you with information on our upcoming season. Matador Football has proven to be a successful program and are looking forward to another great season! The upcoming season will begin the first day of school, August 21, 2017.
Please pick up at the main office
• Practice will begin on the first day of school and a physical form must be turned in to practice by the first day of school (preferably at Matador Days in August)!
• ****BEGINNING THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 11th***Practices will take place from 2-4 PM on athletic period days and from 4-6 PM on non-athletic period days
Date Opponent Team Site 7th grade Time 8th Grade Time
09/13/17 Paredes A-teams House Park 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
09/19/17 O. Henry A-teams House Park 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
***09/26/17 ***Bailey ***A-teams ***House Park ***6:00 pm ***7:30 pm
10/03/17 OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
10/10/17 Small A-teams House Park 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
10/17/17 Bedichek A-teams Burger Stadium 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
10/24/17 Gorzycki A-teams House Park 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
10/30/17 Paredes A-teams Burger Stadium 6:00 pm 7:30 pm
MMS WILL PROVIDE:
• 2 pairs of football pants (1 pair of Football pants for practice and 1 pair of Football pants for games)
• Helmet, shoulder pads, pant pads practice jersey
Parents please provide:
• Compression shirt to wear under shoulder pads on Game Day
• SOLID BLACK shorts or BLACK MMS shorts from ONLINE STORE
SOLID ROYAL BLUE athletic shirt or BLUE MMS shirt from ONLINE STORE
• PLAYERS CAN BRING THEIR OWN WHITE HELMET, SHOULDER PADS, AND PANTS
WITH COACHES APPROVAL
• FOOTBALL CLEATS….shoes are available ONLINE STORE
Check back for opening dates of the online store: The link is www.gulfcoastathletics.com
access code: matadors.
VOLUNTEER NEEDS FOR THE SEASON
• Game Day Meal Distribution (2-3 volunteers on game days)
• Game Day Gatorades on ice (2 volunteers per team per game)
• Team Videographer (ideally able to upload to HUDL)
• Team Photographer