Murchison Middle School
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
Admission Steps for Curriculum Transfer Applicants:
Students who live outside of the Murchison attendance zone can apply for IB curriculum transfers for the 2023-2024 school year as 6th, 7th, or 8th graders.
- Parents complete AISD Common Application in the Parent Cloud
- AISD Common App Instructions
- Upload report cards and standardized test scores if outside of AISD
- Request teacher recommendations via the Common Application
Important Information for IB Curriculum Transfers:
- The IB MYP has 8 core subject groups that are required every year:
- Language and Literature (ELA)
- Math (Algebra and Geometry pathways are available)
- Individuals and Societies (Social Studies)
- Language Acquisition (Chinese, French, German, Latin, Spanish, or Vietnamese)
- Physical & Health Education (Dance, PE)
- Fine Arts (Art, Band, Choir, Orchestra, Theatre)
- Design/CTE (includes Project Lead the Way courses, Robotics, Computer Science, Graphic Design, and Engineering)
- All students participate in Community Service while at school.
- 8th grade students are required to complete a Community Service Project individually or in a small group.