Murchison Middle School
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
Studies for Inquirers
Admission Steps for Curriculum Transfer Applicants:
Students who live outside of the Murchison attendance zone can apply for IB curriculum transfers for the 2022-2023 school year as 6th, 7th, or 8th graders.
- Parents complete AISD Common Application in the Parent Cloud
- AISD Common App Instructions
- Upload report cards and standardized test scores if outside of AISD
- Request teacher recommendations via the Common Application
- Supplemental Application Materials below:
- Students share a work sample and reflection on their work.
- Students respond to two short answer questions reflecting on core tenants of the IB Program.
Important Information for IB Curriculum Transfers
- The IB MYP has 8 core subject groups that are required every year:
- Language and Literature
- Language Acquisition (Chinese, French, German, Latin, Spanish, or Vietnamese)
- Math (Algebra and Geometry pathways are available to students)
- Individuals and Societies (Social Studies)
- Physical & Health Education (Dance, PE)
- Fine Arts (Art, Band, Choir, Orchestra, Theatre)
- Design/CTE (includes Project Lead the Way courses, Robotics, Computer Science, Graphic Design, and Engineering)
- All students participate in Community Service while at school.
- 8th grade students are required to complete a Community Service Project individually or in a small group.
Supplemental Application Materials:
Work Sample + Reflection
Choose a project or assignment you did at school this past year that you are proud of. You will submit this piece of work to the Google Form.
In addition to your project please answer the following questions about your project/assignment:
- What class was this project/assignment for?
- Why are you proud of this assignment?
- What would you have done differently to improve this project/assignment?
Short Answer Questions
Think Global – Act Local
- What is an issue that you see in your community? How would you go about solving this issue?
IB Learner Profile Traits:
Balanced, Reflective, Inquirer, Thinker, Principled, Open-Minded, Risk-Taker, Knowledgeable, Caring, Communicator
2. Which three IB learner profile traits best describe you? Why?